"Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman

Favorite


Genre: rock


Instruments: acoustic guitar, drums, 


Vocals: Deep, can't easily tell whether it is a male or female singing


Lyrics: The lyrics tell the story of a couple who runs away for a better life, but things don't turn out the way they planned. "I'd always hoped for a better/Thought maybe together you and me would find it/I got no plans I ain't going nowhere/So take your fast car and keep on driving."


Why my Favorite: The simple melody of the song is something that I really love. The lyrics are catchy, and easy to sing along to. There is something about the song that envokes many memories. "So remember when we were driving driving in your car/The speed so fast felt like I was drunk/City lights lay out before us/And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulder/I had a feeling that I belonged/I had a feeling I could be someone." While I can't say that I ever ran away from home, the lyrics always remind me of driving around late at night with my friends. We never had any particular destination in mind, we just drove and talked and sang and laughed. Those nights left us feeling as if we nothing could stop us and that we would be there for each other no matter what, which is the same thing the couple in song are feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment